What is the Cheapest Way to Get a CA MMJ Card Online?
California has been a trailblazer in the marijuana world for years now. Medical marijuana was first legalized in 1996 through the passage of the Compassionate Use Act. Then, in November 2016, California finally voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use through Proposition 64.
Since marijuana is now legal for recreational use in California, many people wonder whether or not it’s worth getting a medical marijuana card. It’s a fair question. Does it make sense going through the hassle of getting a medical marijuana card when you could just buy your stash recreationally without any issues? In reality, medical marijuana is cheaper, the dispensaries often offer a wider variety, as well as more potent strains, and you can purchase larger quantities if you are a medical marijuana patient. For instance, in California, MMJ cardholders can buy up to 8 ounces of weed per day, whereas recreational users can only buy up to 1 ounce per day.
A voluntary medical cannabis ID system has been established under California medical marijuana law. The Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) issues a voluntary medical marijuana ID card and registry program to qualified patients who are in possession of a doctor’s recommendation, as well as their caregivers.
If you qualify for a medical marijuana card and are in the market for one, let’s look at the cheapest way for you to get your hands on one.
Who can get a medical marijuana card?
As you are probably aware, in most states not just anybody can qualify for a medical marijuana card. But, in California, being the liberal state that it is, just about anybody can qualify for an MMJ card, as long as they’re 18-years of age or older. To qualify, you must have a doctor’s recommendation and be a patient who suffers from one of the qualifying medical conditions in California. A few of these conditions include chronic pain, AIDS, migraines, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and anxiety disorders, among others.
But in all honesty, even if you don’t suffer from one of the listed conditions, you could probably still qualify for a medical marijuana card. According to Proposition 215 in California, anyone in the state should have easy access to medical marijuana recommendations. In other words, doctors can give a recommendation for “any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.”
If you feel that you qualify for and would benefit from a medical recommendation, here are three very easy ways to get one:
- See a doctor: This refers to any physician who has been certified by the state of California able to write a recommendation for cannabis. However, it doesn’t include holistic practitioners like herbal therapists and chiropractors. You can then use your recommendation to apply for an MMJ card. California Norml provides a list of doctors who specialize in medical cannabis evaluations, as well as tips for finding a reputable clinic.
- Speak with a doctor online: A virtual doctor online is one of the cheapest and easiest ways to get a medical marijuana recommendation. Most virtual doctors are available from 8am to 10pm, with appointments taking between 15 and 20 minutes from start to finish. Some websites may require a proof of residence and require patients to fill out a medical history.
- Use an app: Apps like EazeMD allow Californians to get their medical recommendations from anywhere. Just like the websites, the app requires the user to register and fill out a medical history before being connected with a doctor for a face-to-face chat.
The cheapest way to get your MMJ Card online
Have you ever heard of NuggMD? We’re pretty sure that you have, but if not we will fill you in. NuggMD* is an online medical marijuana recommendation site available for New York and California residents. This is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get an MMJ card in the state. No physical doctor’s appointment is necessary as they have licensed marijuana doctors available online between 8am – 10pm every day. You simply create an online account, answer a few questions and chat with a doctor to get approved for your recommendation.
The best part about this simple and easy-to-follow process is that it will cost you only $39. According to NuggMD themselves, this is the cheapest medical cannabis card of any legal online doctors service. Here’s a break down of the full three-step process to follow:
Step 1: Sign-up on NuggMD and complete a 30-second questionnaire that will be forwarded to one of their MMJ doctors. All information will remain confidential.
Step 2: Next, you will chat with a doctor. The MMJ doctors are friendly and knowledgeable and are there to answer any questions or uncertainties that you may have. The evaluation should only take about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Once approved, your medical marijuana recommendation will be made available immediately via email and a hard copy will be sent to you the same day by your 420 doctors.
You will only have to make the $39 payment if your recommendation is actually approved. In other words, if you aren’t approved to receive your medical marijuana card, you won’t be charged.
This sounds so simple, right? That’s because it is. Here’s everything that you can expect from your online medical marijuana doctors visit:
- 12-month recommendation: Your medical marijuana recommendation will be valid for 12 months and be approved by a licensed doctor in California.
- Instant PDF copy: You will receive an instant PDF copy of your recommendation via email. Your official recommendation and wallet ID will then come in the mail.
- 24/7 online verification: There is 24/7 online verification available on NuggMD and live chat support from 8am – 10pm seven days a week.
- No public database: The information you provide is 100% confidential and won’t be found on any public database.
- Easy credit card payment: You won’t be charged until after your 420 evaluation, and even then only if you are approved. The site also has a secure payment processor and only accepts VISA or Mastercard.
- Access cannabis same day: Since your recommendation will be emailed to you as a PDF copy, you can use it right away at a local dispensary.
As stated on their website, NuggMD is trusted by 100,000 Californians. This goes a long way in solidifying their status as one of the best and most cost-effective ways to obtain your MMJ card online. Since your recommendation will come with a raised, embossed seal, along with a hand signature from the doctors and can be verified 24/7, you will be able to purchase medical marijuana from all California dispensaries.
Beware of illegal sites that provide phony recommendations. There are numerous other sites claiming that you can receive your medical marijuana recommendation for as little as $25, but many of these are illegitimate. With NuggMD, you actually speak to a licensed California physician, and your recommendation will come with the embossed seal that all legal dispensaries require.
Final thoughts on the cheapest way to a CA MMJ Card online
There’s no doubt that NuggMD is one of the most trusted sources for obtaining your medical marijuana recommendation online. They also seem to be the most cost-effective options. If you do a little research you will find that just about any other site has a cost upward of $50.
Nevertheless, make sure to do your research and if you happen to come across a cheaper option, make sure that they’re legitimate. There are far too many illegal sites offering low costs, but in reality, your recommendation won’t be legitimate. Keep your wits about you and remember that if it seems “dodgy,” it most probably is.
- Everything You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana and Health Insurance
- How to Get a Medical Card in New York [Laws and Process]
- How to Get a Medical Card in Oklahoma [Laws and Process]
- Is it Worth it to Get a Medical Marijuana Card if Weed is Legal Recreationally?
- What’s the Difference Between Getting a Medical Marijuana Card and Buying Recreational?
- Which States Allow Out-of-State Patients to Buy Medical Marijuana?
- Weed Measurements Guide: Understand Grams, Eighths & Quarters
- Veriheal MMJ Card Online [Review]
- Is the Mega-Potent Time Bomb Joint the Pinnacle of Marijuana Smoking?
- Medical Marijuana in MaryLand [Updated]
- $25 Medical Card Online: Is There Such a Thing?
- Who Will Know if You Get a Medical Marijuana Card?
- Telemedicine: Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Tips for Passing Your Medical Marijuana Evaluation
- Can a Teen get Medical Marijuana for IBS?
- Weed Card: What is It and What Does It Help You Get?
- How Do I Know if I Qualify for an MMJ Card?
- Do I Need a Medical Marijuana Card to Buy CBD Oil?
- What is a Medical Marijuana Card [All You Need to Know for 2019!]
- How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card [The Complete 2019 Guide]
- Current Laws on Medical Marijuana [2019 Update]
- NuggMD MMJ Card Nevada
- How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card if I Live in Massachusetts
- Can Cannabis Replace Anti-Anxiety Pills?
- The Basic Steps for Applying for an MMJ Card
- How Hard is it for Me to Get My Marijuana Card in Michigan?
- How Cannabis Helps to Treat Anxiety
- How Cannabis Helps to Treat Fibromyalgia
- Can One Get Medical Marijuana for Anxiety Disorders?
- What is the Difference Between Medical Cannabis and Marijuana?
- What Doctors Can Prescribe Medical Marijuana?
- What is the Easiest Way to Get a Medical Marijuana Card?
- How do Doctors Feel About Medical Marijuana? [OPINION]
- What is Telemedicine? [The Full Guide]
- What is the Cheapest Way to Get a CA MMJ Card Online?
- What is The Age Limit of Medical Marijuana in California?
- Who Will Know If I Get a Medical Marijuana Card?
- How to Get Marijuana in California [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Medical Marijuana
- Can One Get Medical Marijuana for Anxiety Disorders?
- Can a Doctor Prescribe Medical Marijuana for Back Pain? [Answered]
- How Do Doctors Feel About Marijuana? [REVEALED]
- The Downsides of Getting a Medical Marijuana Card? [Revealed]
- Medical Card Marijuana vs. Bearing Arms [Can You Have Both?]
- How to Prepare for a Medical Marijuana Evaluation [GUIDE]
- Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Marijuana Card [2019 Update]
- NuggMD Review [Don’t Get Your MMJ Card Before You Read This]
- EAZE [MMJ Card and Shop Review]
- Heally Medical Marijuana Card [Full Review]
- What is Medical Marijuana Evaluation? [Guide]